On behalf of a Staffordshire based automotive client, we are looking to recruit a vehicle system architect, the candidate will need to have knowledge of overall architecture including network topology (CAN) and wiring schematics.
OBJECTIVE OF ROLE
The system architect is responsible for realizing an electrical architecture that fulfils all the features and functions of the vehicle as defined by marketing and VI. Ensures that all requirements are available in a timely manner so that suppliers can implement in time.
Leads and acts as supervisor for the rest of the architecture module which includes the systems and the electrical distribution system.
Illustrates and assesses the module risks together with possible corrective action options
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Defines EE overall architecture including network topology and wiring schematics.
- Ensures that all systems specifications are written in the correct format in a timely manner so that they can be tested by the integration team.
- Ensures that all OEM level generic electrical specifications, low level CAN communication and diagnostic specifications are produced in a timely manner.
- Implements the module targets (characteristics, costs, weight, quality, deadline)
- Plans, guides and checks module activities
- Prepares module documentation and reports in standard format to the Engineering Manager to support Gateway and Project deliverables
- Supports design reviews within the systems team structure
- Identifies conflicting targets, assigns and evaluates possible solutions.
- Supports all prototype and launch activities
- Undertakes other tasks in support of EE department or company
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Engineering degree or equivalent
- Extensive experience in system design and methodology such as the V-model.
- Must have proven track experience of defining architectures in an OEM.
- Must have good working knowledge of automotive process and tools e.g CAN, dFMEA. FuSi
- Extensive experience with working with ECU hardware and software
- Extensive experience of diagnostic ISO 14229 & ISO 13849
- Good appreciation of the full vehicle development lifecycle.
- Good working knowledge of Vector CAN tools such as CANape & CANoe.
- Must be able to lead and work within teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Must posses an engineering mindset and logical approach to problems
- Should have a good understanding of the automotive product development cycle
- Must be able to work under their own initiative with minimum supervision to deliver
- Must have driving license