On behalf of a West Midlands based automotive OEM, we are currently looking to recruit for a Transmission Technician who will support the assembly, installation and validation of transmission components and assemblies on both rig based test equipment and vehicles.
- Experienced with transmission assembly.
- Experienced vehicle technician with good appreciation of vehicle systems including Hybrid and EV drives.
- Ability to determine faults and rectify.
- Good Microsoft Office skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Driving license.
- Desired but not essential – turning, milling and welding capability.
- General electrical skills – wiring/soldering/etc.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Strip and rebuild all types of transmissions – Manuals, Automatics, DCT’s, AMT’s, CVT’s, etc.
- Measurement and recording of component and assembly data.
- Develop transmission assembly processes and techniques.
- Test bench preparation, including component installation and initial set up.
- Support rig test operation and monitoring.
- Powertrain installations for Vehicle Simulator/ Demonstrator etc.
- Support vehicle testing.
- Vehicle / transmission fault finding and diagnosis.
- General vehicle safety and maintenance.
- Install and maintain transmission and vehicle instrumentation.
- Support data collection activities.
- Maintain transmission equipment calibration.
- General metalwork manufacture and fabrication.
- Liaise with Powertrain Engineers on a regular basis.
Other Features of job
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
- Occasional international travel may be required