Software Test Engineer
The client is an automotive embedded software and electronics company focused on doing everything right. They look for the best way to solve problems and are big believers in model based engineering, working smarter not harder. They always spend time understanding the problem before we recommend a solution.
Good Communication Skills
Good written English
Sense of humour and wanting to be part of close team
Mandatory Basic Skills
- Ability to translate requirements correctly into cohesive verification solutions
- Demonstrate ability to perform Unit, Integration and Qualification Testing
- Development of embedded software test cases
- Instrumentation and stubbing of code to enable unit testing
- Experience in Low-Level (Unit) Testing using industry standard software
- Experience of Debugging and problem investigation of embedded software using industry standard debuggers and tools (e.g winIDEA)
- Knowledge of microcontroller architectures (PPC, ARM)
- Verification of digital communications protocols (TCP/IP, CAN, LIN, SPI, I2C)
- Expert user of CANape, CANalyser and able to write CAPL scripts to automate testing
- Experience in source control packages (e.g. SVN, Github)
Knowledge of ISO-26262 and testing rigour required at the different ASIL levels
Contribution in the definition of product and software/firmware architecture and design decisions
Potential to work on the development, programming and debugging of software including
- Embedded Platforms (baremetal or RTOS)
- Desktop applications (e.g. Visual Studio)
VectorCAST testing tools.
Knowledge of continuous integration servers and automated testing.
Testing of Graphical User Interfaces