On behalf of a prestigious Warwickshire based OEM, we are actively looking to recruit a Prototype Technician for Test & Verification. The role will be to build, prepare, service and maintain our client’s prototype vehicles / bucks to facilitate both whole vehicle and component testing in line with design verification programme objectives of all future products.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Preparation of our client’s products to required standards.
- Service and maintenance of our client’s worldwide prototype fleet.
- Interaction with engineering teams for fault diagnosis and issue resolution.
- Maintain accurate vehicle log files detailing all work actioned on all fleet vehicles.
- Support Prototype test vehicles whilst on test, both in the UK and overseas.
- Carry out Rework Instruction Sheet updates on pre-production cars.
- Support prototype test vehicles whilst on test, both in the UK and abroad, providing technical knowledge and facilitating smooth running of vehicle tests.
- Adhere to company safety, housekeeping and discipline standards.
- Identify by means of Engineering Change Management System any improvements to or mismatches of
- Parts or operations that will assist in both product and / or process quality improvements.
- Support media launch activities as part of new model introductions.
Qualifications and Experience
- It is essential that you are educated to degree level in Manufacturing or a similar engineering Full Apprenticeship (Motor Vehicle background) ideally to HNC level
- Significant Prestige Vehicle Experience
- Ability to read, interpret and work to engineering drawings / process sheets.
- Work experience preparing and supporting Prototype test vehicles.
- Thorough knowledge of computer systems and software including MS Word & Excel.
- Extensive knowledge of our client’s products both past and present.
- Team player but also able to work independently.
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Problem solver
- Ability to travel to support overseas events
- Clean Driving License and valid passport
- Must be willing to work overtime at short notice both during the week and at weekends to support tight deadlines.