Job Title System Lead Engineer
Country United Kingdom
Posting Location Burgess Hill
The Chassis & Safety division develops, produces and markets intelligent systems to improve driving safety and vehicle dynamics. Integral active and passive safety technologies and products that support vehicle dynamics provide greater safety, comfort and convenience. The goal here is to implement “Vision Zero,” the vision of accident-free driving.
As System Lead Engineer, your key responsibilities will include;
- Managing, leading and driving projects.
- Full responsibility for the on time delivery of ‘right first time’ products that are delivered to plan and meet all specified requirements.
- Managing and solving technical issues in collaboration with the engineering team.
- Project planning and tracking with regular project status reporting to management.
- Leading overall requirements management, taking responsibility to consolidate, monitor and drive other disciplines to ensure on time execution of requirements engineering activities.
- Driving product architecture alignments .
- Establishing and owning the interface to manufacturing sites and coordinating sample build activities to ensure the successful realisation of sample builds.
- Working in collaboration with manufacturing partners to ensure that deliverables are completed to specification, within budget and on time.
- Managing all required type approvals, licenses and intellectual property activities.
- Preparing and performing product releases to ensure all necessary activities are performed and that all required release documents are available.
- Working strictly to company process. Contributing to process documentation.
For success in this role we would need you to have the following;
- A relevant degree or industry equivalent, or a relevant proven track record.
- Advanced project management experience.
- Hardware and/or Software development experience.
- High and low volume manufacturing experience.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent technical and nontechnical problem solving skills with a great attention to detail.
- The ability to work well within a team.
Ideally you would also have the following:
- A proven and relevant track record in the automotive industry.
- IATF 16949 knowledge and experience.
- Fluent English language skills, German an advantage but not essential.
What we offer Pension Scheme, Private Healthcare, Performance-related Bonus, Flexible working, Xmas shutdown, Employee discounts in local businesses.