Design/Project Engineer – Body Structures
On behalf of Warwickshire based automotive OEM, we are currently looking to recruit a CAD Designer with Project Engineering. It is important that candidate has this mix of skills as they would be required to support the design of existing and new Body Structural systems into new and existing vehicles.
- Technical responsibility for a proportion of the Body Structure into the overall vehicle architecture
- Responsible for designing to the VTS (technical specification), performance, cost, weight and quality.
- Responsible for component design evolution
- Support design and management reviews
- Liaise with analysis teams to coordinate changes
- Support in packaging interfaces with neighbouring components and/or systems
- Liaise with package team and various suppliers to resolve design conflicts
- Manage own workload to ensure program milestones are met on-time
- Responsible to ensure interface and integration of vehicle systems across the vehicle architecture from concept through to series running change
- Ownership of the review, verification & validation activities including FMEAs, DVP and performance tests throughout the development lifecycle.
- Concern management and problem resolution to closure of all issues.
- Actively lead supplier management and co-ordination including support for Procurement, Logistics and Quality throughout the project lifecycle.
- Support and training of the Manufacturing and Service departments including development of service and vehicle repair procedures
- Proven track record of system/component technical design and delivery within an automotive or similar engineering environment.
- Minimum of 2 years CATIA V5, with 3+ years total 3D CAD solid modelling experience
- Creation of 2D drawings
- Knowledge of Extrusions, pressings, forming technologies and adhesive joining would be advantageous
- Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP or similar framework (FMEA, quality planning, PPAP etc.).
- Ability to lead and support vehicle and system prototype builds
- An Engineering Degree (Other recognised engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience may be considered).
- Ability to work proactively with minimal input using a logical approach in an environment with minimal documented processes
- Flexible to support other team members in multiple programs as required
- Intrinsically self-motivated with an ability to work to challenging time scales on multiple priorities
- Clear and logical in both written and verbal communication
- A willingness to want to learn new skills and technologies