On behalf of a global engineering client with more than 3,000 employees at 30 locations worldwide, we are actively looking to recruit for a creative Software Engineer with a passion for programming code, someone who enjoys research and seeking out new & novel ideas.
Our client supports manufacturers and suppliers with a professional platform of tools, software components and services for developing embedded systems.
Their line of products provides innovative software testing solutions for safety and mission critical embedded applications. Software development organisations that need to solve complex quality problems use these products to perform dynamic software analysis.
Their advanced code analysis team applies fundamental computer science theory to real-world software engineering problems. Following the mantra of “work smarter, not harder”, they try to empower their tooling to take the human out of software testing. Recent technology used by the team includes Boolean Satisfiability, fuzz testing and software security.
They are looking to hire a candidate with knowledge of software engineering, compiler technology, static analysis and automated software engineering. An essential skill will be in assimilating academic publications, assessing their relevance and then putting forward the case for adoption within their client’s tool-chain.
While you will be working daily with both Python and C (and maybe some C++), none of these are a strict requirement — they are happy to provide on the job training for the right candidate. They value tenacity and curiosity over particular job requirements. Comfort working inside of a UNIX environment would be preferable.
Previous experience with the following would be preferable:
- Linux (including shell scripting)
- Combinatorial problems
- Parsers and abstract syntax trees
Knowledge of topics areas such as libclang would make you an ideal candidate.
- Competitive salary, dependent on experience
- Annual bonus scheme sharing in the company’s success
- Challenging tasks in an innovative and state-of-the-art field
- Opportunities for continued learning and development (e.g., book and training budget)
- Regular team outings and annual company retreats
- Stability and security of an independently-managed company group
- Small, efficient teams, and excellent working atmosphere
- 34 days holiday (including 8 UK bank holidays)
- Contributory pension