Job Title: Senior Power Electronics Engineer
Job Location: Farnham, Surrey, UK
Job Salary: £45k-£60k per annum (dependent upon experience)
Main Duties & Responsibilities
The position will take a lead engineering role within the design, development and testing of power supplies and inverters for our in-wheel motor technology.
Responsibilities include taking inverter and SMPS designs through the complete design cycle and into production including simulation, design, prototype, build, test, and producing the necessary reports & supporting documentation.
Being a team player within the electronics team the position will work closely with other operations and engineering functions to ensure delivery of set objectives.
Key responsibilities for the role include, although are not limited to, the following:
- SMPS, PSU, and inverter design and development
- Schematic design capture in DXdesigner
- Simulation, calculation and circuit design
- Write design specifications and reports
- Ensuring the power electronics design meets the hardware requirement specification
- Attend design reviews, including Design, FMEAs and FTAs
- Electrical and Electronic design of power electronics development test equipment
- Verification, characterisation and validation testing of the electronics
- Write characterisation and validations test specifications and test reports
- Work in accordance with our client’s Electronics Team Processes as well as Development Process and Business Management Process
- Support manufacturing activities in UK and China.
Core behaviours & relevant skills
- Personal Responsibility
- Pursues Excellence
- Computer literate
- Highly organised with the ability to stay focused.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently with little direction or supervision and in a team environment.
- Pragmatic and Problem solving
- Innovative lateral thinker
- Proactive Hands on approach
- Team Player with attention to detail
Relevant knowledge & experience
- Degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Experience of motor drive inverter R&D
- PCB schematic/layout design in DxDesigner
- Sub 50W isolating multi-rail PSU/SMPS design experience
- 10kW to 100kW LV inverter design experience
- Experienced in design of feedback and driver circuits design within an inverter
- Experience of using Mentor Graphics DxDesigner and PADS
- Familiarity with inverters for EV, HEV
- Familiarity of automotive and LV standards
- Working in an ISO9001 environment.
- Working in an automotive quality environment.
- Experience in an Automotive or High Tech Industry
How to Apply
If you are interested in progressing your career as the Automotive STA Engineer for a market-leading automotive OEM in the UK, apply now for immediate consideration.
PLEASE NOTE: If you require visa sponsorship to work in the UK you CANNOT be considered for this role.