Job Title Senior Hardware Design Engineer
Country United Kingdom
Posting Location Burgess Hill
The Chassis & Safety division develops, produces and markets intelligent systems to improve driving safety and vehicle dynamics. Integral active and passive safety technologies and products that support vehicle dynamics provide greater safety, comfort and convenience. The goal here is to implement “Vision Zero,” the vision of accident-free driving.
As Senior Hardware Engineer, your key responsibilities will include;
* Taking the lead hardware engineer role on some projects.
* Requirements capture and architectural design.
* VHDL/FPGA/ASIC Development.
* Key component selection and schematic capture.
* Design simulation.
* Working closely with PCB layout engineers to achieve highly optimised, cost effective PCB designs that meet all relevant design rules.
* Working in collaboration with key stakeholders and manufacturing partners to ensure that all deliverables are completed to specification, within budget and on time.
* Contributing to project planning, tracking and reporting.
* Working strictly to company process. Contributing to process documentation.
* Project documentation as required and according to company process.
Job Requirements For success in this role we would need you to have the following;
* A relevant degree or industry equivalent, or a proven and relevant industry track record.
* Advanced key component selection and architectural design experience.
* Advanced VHDL/FPGA/ASIC Development experience, ideally involving video processing.
* Advanced high speed digital design knowledge and experience.
* Advanced Low voltage multi rail power supply design knowledge and experience.
* Analogue design knowledge and experience.
* Excellent technical problem solving skills with a great attention to detail.
* Advanced technical expertise in the areas of PCB design and manufacture, EMC and safety compliance and designing for both high and low volume manufacture.
* The ability to strike an optimal balance between design innovation and part/full reuse of existing and established hardware designs.
* The ability to work well within a team.
* Excellent presentation skills.
Ideally you would also have the following:
* A proven and relevant track record in the automotive industry.
* Software development experience.
* Zuken CR8000 experience.
* Excellent IATF 16949 knowledge and experience.
* Mechanical design experience.
* High and low volume manufacturing experience.
* Fluent English language skills, German an advantage but not essential.
What we offer Pension Scheme, Private Healthcare, Performance-related Bonus, Flexible working, Xmas shutdown, Employee discounts in local businesses.