On behalf of a Coventry based automotive OEM, we are currently looking to recruit for a Senior Braking Engineer. Reporting to the Chief Engineer Vehicle Development the candidate will lead the Braking Attribute within the Vehicle Attributes team. The Braking Attribute Leader will lead the brake cooling, performance, pedal feel and brake NVH attributes for the program.
- Lead benchmarking and the vehicle target setting process
- Ensure that hardware can meet vehicle level targets.
- Work through all program gateways from concept to Job1 to meet targets.
- Plan out the development and validation program
- Lead braking development including CAE, dyno and vehicle testing.
- Work with the brakes design team to ensure prototype phases have the right level of components, tuneables and agree deliverables.
- Carry out subjective assessment and objective measurement on vehicles.
- Report out status and driving resolution to issues.
- Work closely with Stability Control
- Travel within the UK and Worldwide for development testing will be required.
- You will have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant area with at least 3 years of industry experience
- Good knowledge of vehicle foundation brake and stability control systems
- You’ll be experienced with subjective vehicle assessment and evaluation.
- Experience with vehicle brake testing on prototype vehicles, including objective measurement, data logging and processing
- Be familiar with OEM product development systems
- Excellent organising and planning skills
If you believe you have what it takes to work at the heart of automotive innovation, then we look forward to reviewing your application.