On behalf of a prestigious Warwickshire based automotive OEM, we are currently looking to recruit a Project Engineer – EMS Integration. The candidate will need to have prior experience working in automotive Powertrain and EMS, preferably with specific knowledge related to Hybrid calibration of gasoline engines.
This role exists to enable the production of in house calibration for our future engine families. To develop calibrations for the Powertrain on test beds and in vehicle. To manage the calibration test programmes and the numerous suppliers required achieving delivery of a fully certified vehicle calibration system meeting the programme objectives. To assess and feedback issues to the Powertrain calibration team to enable the calibration to meet China, European and US certification standards.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Lead and support calibration activity on defined projects, assimilate and distribute knowledge within the team reporting to the Powertrain Calibration manager
- Ability to act as project lead for new EMS Calibration deliverables
- Support Calibration manager in delivery of defined vehicle programmes
- Be part of a project team to create and develop the various aspects of calibration for all our client’s Vehicles
- Ensure Calibration deliverables are delivered in line with the System Design Specification on time and to cost targets
- Manage and support external facilities and suppliers to achieve Calibration team goals
- Represent the company externally at a senior level with regard to calibration activities and supplier visits
- Report progress vs plans at Director level within our client
- Prepare project-timing plans for the Powertrain and programme teams to support model year actions and major design changes.
- Prepare reports of all findings from Test bed, Vehicle testing and environmental testing of the vehicle, and present these to all levels up to director technical meetings
- Initiate and prepare modifications to the calibration on future model year actions
- Guide, direct and train to develop other team members
Qualifications and Experience
- Ideally educated to Degree level or equivalent relevant experience.
- Extensive experience within automotive vehicle manufacturer, preferably with experience of hybrid calibration of gasoline engines.
- Recent direct experience of application of new technologies including gasoline particulate filters and 48V technology
- Strong communicator with experience working across multiple disciplines
- Full driving license
- Ability to work in hot and cold climates
- Must be prepared to travel for supplier reviews in locations across Europe