Software Development Engineer (Projects)
On behalf of a global engineering client involved with software tools and communications networks for a range of industries, we are currently looking for a Project Software Development Engineer. The role will involve automotive software delivery and implementation and needs someone who been hands-on with software development in their career.
Based in 26 locations across 12 countries with over 2,500 employees globally, our client is “Best Employer” award winner for their sector and they offer excellent long-term career prospects.
Your role will involve:
- Develop application level features for automotive OEM and Tier-1 customers
- Configure AUTOSAR basic software for our clients ECU platforms
- Integrate and configure software for communication over CAN, LIN, FlexRay and Ethernet
- Liaise with engineering and commercial teams in UK and Germany for project delivery
- Technical customer interaction on-site, by telephone and email (UK)
Your skills and experience will include:
- Degree qualified in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 2-5 years’ professional experience, ideally in Automotive Electronic Engineering
- Solid programming knowledge in embedded C (MISRA-C) and MATLAB/Simulink
- Sound embedded environment skills (compilers, assemblers, emulators, version management systems, test tools), MPC56xx experience would be an advantage.
- Experience with working with serial bus protocols (CAN, LIN, FlexRay, Ethernet would be a particular advantage).
- Understanding of AUTOSAR basic software and methodologies
- Exposure to solutions for functional safety (ISO 26262)
- Customer oriented approach to work
- Good teamwork and English language and communication skills
The client offers:
- Full training and personal development
- Grow your knowledge and experience with state-of-the-art AUTOSAR software and tools
- Chance to see projects from requirements to production
- Competitive salary, dependent on experience.
- Contributory pension.
- Challenging tasks in an innovative and state-of-the-art field.
- Modern workplaces, small efficient teams and an excellent working atmosphere.
- Stability and security of an independently owned and managed company group.
- Sharing in the company’s success.