Project Engineer – Warwick, West Midlands, UK
The role will allow the successful applicant to gain exposure to the wider business whilst being responsible for the planning of X1, M1 and VP builds, well in advance of the build start and into build.
- Liaise with Programme Teams, Vehicle Engineering, MP&L, COC’s and Finance to assist in the planning and delivery of X1, M1 and VP prototype vehicles to achieve the key milestones as per agreed milestone tracker and satisfying PCDS requirements
- Ensure, in conjunction with Lead Planner, that all key planning milestones are adhered to, thus enabling delivery of Programme to PVO Build on time in excellent health.
- Sanitise vehicle specifications with Programme/VE teams to minimise complexity and cost.
- Support the raising and maintaining of GPIRS Schedules through to BOM management to ensure build integrity. This includes running BOM validations, Green List and PBM meetings as required.
- Key person within the Build Planning meeting to drive out robustness for build readiness.
- Represent Prototype Operations in senior forums, PST, TPAT where Lead Planner is unable to attend.
- Provide programme definition, status and direction to other functions within Prototype Operations.
- Support builds onsite including attending startup and wash-up meetings as required.
- Support the Prototype Operations Planning team overall to ensure success.
- Take part in the ongoing development and enhancement of the Prototype Planning process
What you’ll need as the Project Engineer
3 key skills:
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, pro-active (demonstrating initiative with ability to work independently)
- Good project management skills (thorough and logical approach to issues, good attention to detail)
- Excellent communication skills, PC literate (especially MS Excel)
- Analytical skills, demonstrate good problem solving techniques
- Abilitiy to process data and generate accurate metrics on a daily basis
- Capable of representing Prototype Ops. in meetings at all levels with confidence and credibility
- Knowledge of vehicle systems and BOM
- Knowledge of PCDS (Product Creation & Delivery System)
- Flexible with respect to travel (Gaydon, Whitley & Oxford Road primarily but potential travel to Solihull)
- Full driving license
- Taking meeting minutes and updating metrics on weekly basis
- Prototype build process understanding desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of Product Development structure and processes
- System understanding of GPIRS / WERS / WIPS would be desirable
- Candidates should ideally be educated to degree level, although relevant experience considered
How to Apply
If you are interested in progressing your career as the Project Engineer, apply now for immediate consideration.
PLEASE NOTE: If you require visa sponsorship to work in the UK you CANNOT be considered for this role.