Principal Engineer – Hybrid Module & Wet Clutch
On behalf of a West Midlands based automotive OEM, we are currently looking to recruit a Principal Engineer to work with Hybrid Module & Wet Clutch. The candidate will support the Design & Development of the Current & Next Generation of Hybrid Modules & Wet Clutch Systems .
Qualification – Degree Level in Mechanical Engineering or a Related Subject – A HNC in Mechanical Engineering with Extensive Experience would be considered.
Experience – Several years experience in Automotive Driveline Engineering – particularly Hybrid Driveline Arrangements
- Extensive Knowledge of Hybrid Module & Wet Clutch Engineering, with a Proven Track Record of Working on Such Systems.
- Able to Complete Hand Calculations – Particularly Relating to the Design of Wet Clutch Systems.
- Knowledge of Romax / Master – Shaft & Bearing Analysis Packages.
- Working Knowledge of E-Machines especially those used in Hybrid Drivelines.
- Know of Hydraulic Systems & Fluid Management as Applied to Wet Clutch Systems.
- Working Knowledge of CFD Analysis Especially when Applied to Driveline Applications
- Proficient User of PTC Creo 3D Cad & Windchill PLM Systems
- Experience of undertaking DFMEA at System and Sub-System level, with good logical reasoning.
- Working Knowledge of DVP Sign-off Processes.
- Good Presentation Skills.
- Excellent Communication Skills – Able to Work as Part of a Cross Functional Team.
- Able to Communicate Effectively with Internal Customers and Overcome Language & Cultural Barriers
- Able to Manage Key Engineering Sub-System Suppliers.
- Able to be Flexible & Apply Engineering Knowledge to All Aspects of Driveline Design / Development
- Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the Design & Development of the Current & Next Generation of Hybrid Modules & Wet Clutch Systems for Diverse Variants of Powertrain Architecture.
- Support the Build-up of In-Depth Understanding of Hybrid Modules & Wet Clutch Systems through analysis and test
- Actively Support Effective Communication with Various Teams to Ensure that Requirements are Adequate and Achievable.
- Mentoring of Junior Engineers Within the Team (Both Local and International)
Other Features of job
Must be eligible to work in the UK