Field applications and support engineer
The client is looking for a permanent Field Applications and Support Engineer to join them. As a Field Application Engineer, you will be the interface between the development team, the customer and sales team. Your goal is to understand the customers need and generate technical solutions and implementations for the customer. You will use existing products and concepts to work out system solutions for customers.
This requires in-depth knowledge of the in-house and licensed products, technologies and solutions. You will need to be familiar with areas ranging from development of concepts, testing through to the sales strategy.
As a Support Engineer you will be responsible of troubleshooting customer applications based on the clients products and providing expert advice on complex engineering questions.
- Coordinate with the team leaders, client and sales to prepare solutions for the clients at a demonstrator, concept or production level
- Develop and provide support for applications in Simulink for specific ECUs
- Provide advice to clients and recommend appropriate ECUs based on general automotive knowledge of networking and sensors and actuators
- Proactively identify and develop applications and case studies for products and services to improve the businessesmarket share.
- Generate code using Embedded Coder
- Understand and configure the build process
- Use different compilers
- Use automotive diagnostics protocols and practices: Flash modules using the UDS protocol. Create diagnostic DIDs and Routines as part of the application
- Use tools such as CANalyzer for rest of bus simulation to drive ECU behaviour
- Perform bench testing using appropriate tools and techniques
- Use SVN for development and configuration management
- As you will have direct contact with customers, you must have excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Degree qualified or similar level qualification, ideally an Engineering discipline
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience in a relevant role or position
- Have the required skills to understand engineering requirements and project needs and articulate the companies value and technical proposition to clients
- Thorough understanding of bootloaders
- Process driven Be able to elicit, define, analyse and document requirements.
- Follow SW development process based on ASPICE
- Software development ability (C, C++)
- Driving license as this role will require visiting clients