Field Application Engineer (software)
On behalf of a global engineering client involved with software tools and communications networks for a range of industries, we are currently looking for a Field Application Engineer with an ability to understand and assess software code. The ideal candidate will have a relevant electronics, IT or Computer Science degree and be happy in a customer facing role.
Based in 26 locations across 12 countries with over 2,500 employees globally, our client is “Best Employer” award winner for their sector and they offer excellent long-term career prospects.
Your role will involve:
- Development of solution concepts based on the specific requirements and processes of our customers as well as participation in process design in conjunction with our solution architects
- Specification, implementation and testing of customer-specific functions
- Development of customer-specific requirements using agile development methods
- Autonomous cooperation with (inter)-national customers, to provide coaching, advice and support
- Integration of our clients product in toolchains among customers
- Identification, and coordination of complex issues with internal interfaces (product management, development team, sales, etc.) and testing/approving the resolutions delivered by our development team
- Regular coordination of complex questions in the development team, product management, sales, etc.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Creative lateral thinker with drive and persuasiveness
- Experience in software development preferably Java but being able to read software code and recognise problems / where changes could be made in any language is fine
- Bachelor-level studies in the field of electrical engineering, information technology, computer science or comparable qualification
- Native or C2-level written and spoken English language skills
- Ideally some work experience in either:
- Automotive electrical/electronics (in academia, the supply chain or at a vehicle manufacturer)
- Or, development of one or more control systems in other industries
- B1-level (or better) German language skills will be beneficial but are not necessary
Our client offers:
- Full training.
- Competitive salary, dependent on experience.
- Contributory pension.
- Challenging tasks in an innovative and state-of-the-art field.
- Modern workplaces, small efficient teams and an excellent working atmosphere.
- Stability and security of an independently owned and managed company group.
- Sharing in the company’s success.