On behalf of a prestigious Warwickshire based automotive OEM, we are currently looking to recruit for a Project Engineer – Body Electronics. The candidate will need to have proven experience of delivering commodities related to body electronics components and systems.
The Electrical department is responsible for electrical architecture & systems design and electrical component delivery.
Design, release and approval of Body Electronics components and systems to deliver required functionality to agreed cost, timing and quality targets.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Commodity Ownership:
- Manage 5-year commodity strategy & get relevant new technologies to implementation ready within agreed Function budget, resource & timing.
- Create engineering guideline documents and archetypes for platform and non-platform engineered components.
- Define to application engineer resource requirements (internal & external) for platform commodities.
- Ensure components are designed and engineered robustly using standard engineering toolsets.
- Support pre-production builds, ensuring build concerns are contained and resolved in the required timeframe.
- Define requirements for owned and interfacing components.
- Create and maintain component specifications.
- Lead cross-functional team to deliver components to the programme QCWFT (quality, cost, weight, function and timing) requirements.
- Ensure that the commodity meets the Feature plan (with the component suppliers), creating & managing recovery plans as required. Includes releasing components (BoM, tooling launch).
- Monitor internal & external resource utilisation to identify potential efficiency improvements for the next programme.
- Create & manage the commodity’s virtual & physical DV plan.
- Ensure effective report writing to evidence component and system compliance to specification.
- Ensure that all concerns and testing issues are robustly resolved.
- Complete FESO (Final Engineering Sign-off) documentation for commodities.
- The post holder will undertake other duties as may be required to achieve the Company’s objectives, commensurate with the grading of the post.
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven record of delivering Body Electronics commodities, including quality, cost, function, weight and timing.
- Substantial experience with Body Electronics or similar commodities.
- Extensive knowledge of automotive development systems e.g. specification, releasing, concerns, containments, gateways and sign off documentation.
- Experience of leading a cross functional team, including complex issue resolution.
- Supplier management experience.
- Complete knowledge of Product Development cycle from concept to launch completion.
- Excellent technical engineering background and a comprehensive knowledge of using calculation and analysis to drive design.
- Knowledge of automotive quality tools and processes.
- Extensive knowledge of the manufacturing processes to create Body Electronics components.
- Requirements writing (including use of S/W tools such as Polarion, Doors, Jama etc.)
- Knowledge of CAN tools to diagnose vehicle behaviour and faults.
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience – preferably Electrical Engineering degree