On behalf of a prestigious Warwickshire based automotive OEM, we are currently looking to recruit for a Project Engineer – Displays. The candidate will need to have proven experience of delivering electrical commodities, preferably related to Displays or infotainment components and systems.
The Electrical R&D department is responsible for all future electrical systems research, and the development, delivery and validation of electrical components for all our client’s core vehicles.
To own and be responsible for feature definition & ownership, Component ownership and delivery responsible for electrical components. These include, Displays, Instrument clusters etc.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Develop and maintain a 5 year strategy & foster relevant new technologies to implementation ready within agreed budget, timing.
- Support with defining targets for future models.
- Deliver the Programme quality, cost, weight, function and timing requirements for the systems and features you are responsible for.
- Ensure that the systems meet the Function plan (with the component suppliers), creating & managing recovery plans as required.
- Manage the Bill of Materials for your components
- Project manage the suppliers in order to ensure your deliverables are met
- Conduct our client’s whole vehicle testing for your systems and features both within & outside of the UK with a focus on customer acceptance.
- Support prototype build and test vehicle preparation.
- Manage issues in our client’s Concern management system.
- Work with a cross functional team to ensure that all stakeholders deliver the support required to deliver your systems on time and to budget.
- In this role you will be accountable for managing your deliverables to ensure quality, cost, weight, function and timing requirements are all met. You will be expected to employ problem solving techniques where required to ensure you meet the above.
Qualifications and Experience
- CAN tools – CANoE
- Understanding of LIN/CAN/Automotive Ethernet
- Understanding of electronics/software and hardware design
- Data analysis & report writing
- Proven record of delivering Electrical or Electronics commodities, including quality, cost, function, weight and timing. Experience of vehicle level system integration in terms of hardware and Software). Experience of software development processes and managing software delivery.
- Experience of delivering infotainment systems, Navigation, Bluetooth and Media devices, Tuner and Infotainment HMI. Delivery experience on Infotainment OS system (windows, Linux, QNX, etc.).
- Extensive knowledge of automotive development systems e.g. releasing
- Supplier management experience
- Complete knowledge of Product Development cycle from concept to launch completion
- Excellent technical engineering background and a comprehensive knowledge of using calculation and analysis to drive design.
- Excellent knowledge of automotive quality tools and processes.
- Extensive knowledge of the manufacturing processes to create the components or systems.