On behalf of a prestigious Warwickshire based automotive OEM, we are currently looking to recruit an Electrical Integration Application Engineer. The role will suit someone who has a good mix of automotive electrical systems experience and project management.
The Electrical Application team are responsible for the delivery of all Electrical content (quality, cost & timing) on new vehicle programmes, through the management & tracking of internal and external resources, deployed to the tasks.
An Electrical Integration Engineer is responsible for coordinating, tracking and reporting all software, coding and feature delivery for given vehicle programme(s). This is carried out through the co-ordination and task management of internal and external electrical integration engineers & commodity owners across R&D departments.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Software & integration task definition
- Feature, software & coding planning
- Software and coding delivery tracking & reporting
- Build and prototype fleet software & coding version control
- Integration engineer task management
- Outsource resource task & commercial management
- Co-ordination of Labcar preparation, planning, build and testing
- This role includes the budget and commercial management of outsourced resource contracts from £100k to £3m
- Travel to support vehicle builds in other sites is likely to be required
- Some travel in Europe may be required to support supplier visits
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven record of managing whole vehicle software delivery. Including:
- A solid understanding and working knowledge of in-vehicle networks and protocols.
- Experience of managing the delivery of automotive software and Feature Delivery.
- Extensive experience of vehicle diagnostics, developing, authoring, validation.
- A working knowledge of ISO26262.
- Experience of leading a cross functional team, including complex issue resolution.
- Proven management of outsourced projects and supplier management
- Excellent technical engineering background and a comprehensive knowledge of electronic/electrical systems integration
- Complete knowledge of Product Development cycle from concept to launch completion
- Extensive knowledge of automotive development systems e.g. releasing, concerns, containments, gateways and sign off documentation.
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- Preferably Chartered Engineering status or equivalent