Embedded Software Engineer
From the high-level, you would be developing software to an Automotive SPICE process. This means that you will be creating drivers and software components for our products and our customer’s products. Where for each software component you develop, you would also create a Module Design Specification detailing what the driver does and its interfaces.
Along with the specification you will need to create a Test Specification that shows how your code delivers what it needs to. Then a Test Report proving how it all works.
Whilst you are working on the software you will be checking the code into our SVN code repository, commenting on your progress on the job ticket via Trac and raise any issues with the rest of the team, you will help to integrate the software into the project.
The types of projects they work on vary from Electric Vehicles to Microwave Ovens. Some have complex control requirements others have full touch screens and audio drivers. All of them need to be developed right, with good robust code and proven to work.
Additional work will include working with microprocessors such as PPC and Cortex M0/M3 (developing low-level drivers)
The client is hoping to welcome an experienced (3+ years) and enthusiastic Embedded Software engineer. If you are a gifted programmer with the ability to get deep down to the circuit board level, they would love to talk to you.
The client is an automotive embedded software and electronics company. We are focused on doing everything right. They look for the best way to solve problems. They are big believers in model based engineering, working smarter not harder.
- Good Communication Skills
- Good written English
- Driving license
- Sense of humour and wanting to be part of close team
- Mandatory Basic Skills
- Embedded C Programming
- Knowledge of Microcontrollers
- NXP, ST, Renesas, Infineon (PPC and/or ARM architectures)
- Ability to develop low level drivers
- Automotive Communication Protocols; LIN, CAN, Ethernet, UDS
- Ability to write a Software Specification
- Ability to meet a Software Specification
- Unit Testing
- Version Control
- Ability to work to rigorous development process (e.g. ASPICE)
- Read electronics schematics
- AUTOSAR or any other layered software architecture
- C++, Python
- Software Architecture, the ability to design systems using practices such as UML
- Knowledge of the Simulink Code Generation process and how to customise it to your own ends.
On top of a competitive salary based on the skills and experience Embed offer:
37 hour working week with flexitime; allows you to fit your working hours around agreed core times
Modern office environment