Powertrain Electrical Engineering Technician
As a proven professional you will be required to deliver electrical and electronic support and assembly of hardware to all departments. Primary focus on the Powertrain systems within the Test Centre and HIL Labs.
- An apprenticeship or HNC equivalent qualification in Automotive Engineering, Motor Vehicle or Electrical Engineering
- Experience of electrical prototype systems
- Experience of wiring harness assembly, modification and/or rectification
- Experience of electronics prototype assembly would be advantageous.
- Experience of fitting & removing instrumentation would be advantageous.
- Experience in selecting sensors and data logging equipment would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of current motor vehicle powertrain technology
- Computer literate including Microsoft Office
- Strong hands-on ability with can do attitude
- Good communication and persuasion skills at all levels
- Desire to develop and support Electrical Engineering design department tasks
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Support both on and offsite development activity by investigating and resolving electrical issues on company development systems and/or vehicles
- Work closely with colleagues to develop and implement electrical wiring and electronic prototype systems
- Electrical system installation and repairs
- Instrumentation fitment
- DV Test ownership and delivery
- Development of Engineering support skills, drafting electrical drawings using VeSys, Supporting and developing DV Planning activities.
Other Features of job
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
- The primary responsibility of the role is for electrical technician duties and support to the wider business. However, this role is also subject to a personal development plan, which proposes develop the employee in the skills required to support the engineering activities relating to PCE EDS and hardware electronics.