Component Commercial / Technical Account Specialist
The client is currently recruiting for a permanent Component Commercial Account Specialist based in our Coventry office with travel to our customer sites. The main responsibilities are to ensure the development of products according to customer requirements and latest technological developments under consideration of all engineering specification, cost quality, timing and environmental aspects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages technical customer interface and has the lead for all commercial discussions
- Establish Long Term Sales Plan for external and internal customers for the respective OEM.
- Analyse fundamental technical trends in the market segment including competitor’s developments
- In a joint effort with Product Management, identify OEM related product portfolio gaps and upcoming technical trends (including competitor’s development). Actively support Product Management to translate them into projects and promote them internally to the internal Wiring Harness Business Unit
- Analyse customer information for new RFQs and provide the organisation with the information according to the companies procedures to drive necessary decision making for project success
- Drive, for the respective OEM, the cross-functional activities needed for the design-in and launch of “off the shelf” as well as “new products” related projects (technical and commercial aspects).
- Support design engineers by the evaluation and elaboration of technical concept based on the customer specification.
- Reporting on overall status of customer projects and customer satisfaction levels ensuring comprehensive financial targets management.
- Ensure that cost assumptions submitted as part of RFQ are valid and have the right due diligence applied to ensure profit throughout the lifetime of the project
- Define together with Customer and Product Engineering the required product validation process for customer acceptance.
- Control of EBIT and P&L reporting at all phases during lifetime and after sales.
- Responsible for overall volume management throughout the lifetime of the project
- University Degree in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
- Significant automotive sector experience in OEM or Tier 1 supplier
- Experience with customer specifications, validation and requirements
- Knowledge of automotive connector market
- In depth understanding of automotive supply chains (implications to marketing, sales and pricing)
- Successful track record in generating profitable growth
- Professional use of all major Microsoft Office applications & SAP
- Solid knowledge of TS 16949
- Systematic approach in analysis, concept development and implementation for repeatable and sustainable results
- Extensive ability to present and explain technical information to customers
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Fluent in English language
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Right to work in the UK – Valid Passport
The successful applicant will be offered an attractive reward package and continuous personal development within a global leading organisation.
- Competitive Salary
- Pension Scheme
- BUPA Private Healthcare including Medical cash plan
- Life Assurance
- 25 Holidays (Plus the bank holidays)
- Training and Development Opportunities
- Rewards and benefits schemes