Job Title: Chief Electrical Systems Engineer
Job Location: Warwick, West Midlands, UK
Job Salary: £65k-£75k per annum (dependent upon experience)
The key functions of this role
- Lead the delivery of company e-powertrain systems and solutions into multiple customer applications, interfacing directly with the customer; representing their interests with the internal team of technical experts and designers.
- Manage the electrical attribute owners to ensure company e-powertrain systems are correctly electrically integrated into customer applications, and manage interfaces outside of the electrical domain.
- Direct the capture, management and development of customer’s electrical powertrain system requirements, ensuring alignment between internal team(s) and the customer.
- Liaise with, including travel to, other company sites in order to co-ordinate design activities and ensure their delivery is in line with the programme requirements.
- Direct the development of client electrical system(s) and components to the agreed requirements and processes.
- Lead system and component-level safety case development, and follow industry standard techniques to ensure a robust design, e.g. FMEA.
- Plan, manage and action Design Verification and Validation activity at a system and/or vehicle level.
- Manage and co-ordinate the release of electrical components into company and client PLM systems, and support through PPAP into production across multiple projects.
- Build and maintain a strong customer relationship, to facilitate technical interfacing between company teams and the client.
- Manage interfaces between the electrical system(s)/component(s) and the rest of the vehicle, liaising with cross-functional teams within company and the customer.
Qualifications / Education / Experience required
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant Engineering or Science related discipline.
- A minimum of 10 years’ demonstrable experience in an automotive or similar engineering environment, with a preferred focus on EV and hybrid vehicle technologies.
- Proven experience of working on automotive e-powertrain systems (such as motors; inverters; batteries/energy storage; power electronics) and understanding their interfaces and integration into the vehicle.
- Thorough understanding of automotive HV standards; design methodologies and working practices.
- A solid understanding of Functional Safety processes and concepts.
- Verifiable experience in System Specification; Requirements Capture/Management and Design Validation processes.
- Confident user of MS Office products and competent user of industry-standard network tools, e.g. Vector CANalyzer.
- Good understanding of industry-standard calibration tools, e.g. Vector CANape, ETAS INCA.
- Experience of using vehicle diagnostic tools (engineering and service level) and electrical debugging of prototype vehicles.
- Confident at reading vehicle wiring diagrams, and understanding component electrical interfaces, e.g. Device Transmittals; External World Diagrams.
- An understanding of automotive in-vehicle networks, their applications and attributes.
- Proven experience of leading the delivery of automotive electronic and/or electrical systems and their components into series production.
Other beneficial attributes
- Ability to read electrical hardware schematics.
- Experience of delivering high-ASIL systems into production applications and a detailed understanding of ISO26262.
- Familiarity with MATLAB/Simulink.
- Detailed vehicle networks knowledge (e.g. LIN, CAN, Flexray)
- Competent user of ETAS INCA and/or Vector CANape.
- Knowledge of German language.
How to Apply
If you are interested in progressing your career as the Chief Electrical Systems Engineer, apply now for immediate consideration.
PLEASE NOTE: If you require visa sponsorship to work in the UK you CANNOT be considered for this role.