Job Title: Principal E-Drive Control Engineer
Job Location: Warwick, West Midlands, UK
Job Salary: £55k-£60k per annum (dependent upon experience)
Key functions of the role
- Lead the design and delivery of control strategy and application software for a variety of customer applications, interfacing directly with the design teams in the UK and Germany and/or the appropriate company project team.
- Capture and manage application software requirements, developing into specifications; models; simulations and software, ensuring alignment between internal team(s), suppliers and the customer.
- Design and develop application software, primarily for power electronics/motor control hardware, to the agreed requirements and processes, from concept level through to production.
- Use intelligent design to deliver modular and scalable solutions; based on either internal software platform or fully bespoke development.
- Develop vehicle, system and component-level simulation capability within the UK.
- Contribute to system functional safety case, and lead software functional safety case development as required, following industry standard techniques to ensure a robust design, e.g. FMEA.
- Plan and action Design Verification (DV) and Production Validation (PV) activity at a software level.
- Manage interfaces between the software and the rest of the e-powertrain system and/or vehicle, liaising with cross-functional teams within company and the customer.
- Liaison with, including travel to, other company sites in order to co-ordinate design activities and ensure delivery is in line with the programme requirements.
Qualifications, education and experience required
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant Engineering or Science related discipline.
- A minimum of 10 years’ demonstrable control software design experience in an automotive or similar engineering environment.
- Proven experience of developing and releasing control software for production applications and understanding their communication interfaces and integration into the powertrain system(s) and vehicle.
- Verifiable experience in control software Specification; Requirements Capture/Management and DV and PV processes.
- Experience of designing control software in accordance with ISO26262 Functional Safety processes and concepts, and an understanding of what this means for software design processes and the design realisation.
- Familiarity with HiL and SiL test methods and tools, including dSpace environments.
- Solid understanding of AUTOSAR standards and requirements, and their implementation
- Experience of UDS diagnostics and/or other service diagnostic functions and standards.
- Confident user of MS Office products and competent user of industry-standard network and calibration tools, e.g. Vector CANalyzer, Vector CANape, ETAS INCA.
- Experienced user of MATLAB Simulink or other model-based design tools.
- A demonstrable understanding of embedded software development.
- Familiarity with automotive network communications, e.g. Flexray, LIN, CAN, CAN-FD, Ethernet, and diagnostic requirements.
Other beneficial attributes
- An understanding of the implementation of automotive-qualified microcontrollers, specific experience with the Infineon Aurix family would be advantageous.
- Good understanding of automotive HV standards; design methodologies and working practices.
- Knowledge of German or other European languages.
How to Apply
If you are interested in progressing your career as the Principal E-Drive Control Engineer, apply now for immediate consideration.
PLEASE NOTE: If you require visa sponsorship to work in the UK you CANNOT be considered for this role.