Electrical Systems Integration Project Engineer – Warwick, West Midlands, UK
Job purpose as the Electrical Systems Integration Project Engineer
The purpose of this role is to work on a Variety of hardware and software based control Systems for Comfort Electronics and supporting the Body systems PMST Development, Diagnostics and Validation.
Key responsibilities & tasks
- Support Body system PMST and Commodity Engineer Role.
- System requirements definition and functional specification,
- Body Electronics Diagnostics Specification and Delivery, creation of Diagnostic help text (sub system repair).
- Develop Simulation testing of systems,
- System validation and verification.
- System FMEA, Software FMEA,
- Functional Safety analysis and engineering reports
- Produce Validation Plans, Test specifications and Provide Verification.
- Lead Fault/Product Investigation on electrical systems.
- Develop validation and verification techniques.
- Produce Technical specifications/Requirements.
- Develop simulation and test of Body systems.
- Validation of CAN signals, frames and scheduling.
- Provide Status/metrics on Functional Integration by feature. (FiP)
- Author and Validate Diagnostic requirements.
Qualifications & experience
- Engineering Degree or Equivalent Qualification.
- Experience in Automotive Electronics related design or test work.
- Extensive Experience and development of Vehicle Body Electrical Systems.
- Working knowledge of Relevant Regulations and approvals.
- Project managed a Hardware and Software project.
- Extensive experience of vehicle diagnostics, Developing, authoring, validation.
- Ideally will have worked with Vector network tools.
- Expert use of Vehicle Network Tools to analyse Vehicle data bus. (CANalyser/CANoe)
- Use and adapt vehicle diagnostic tool.
- Be able to specify CAN Signals, Frames and scheduling.
- Experience of Software development, Software testing techniques, Configuration Management Be able to analyse waveforms/ traces for analysis.
- In Depth knowledge of FMEA/FTA Hazard analysis.
- Experience of Functional Safety Analysis
The successful candidate must hit the ground running with a well established team under significant daily pressure of work. The candidate must show strong character attributes as well as the necessary knowledge and experience above. The best candidate will be open-minded and lateral thinking in the face of stiff timing and product targets. The candidate must be proactive and trust their initiative using minimum supervision to produce practical solutions.
How to Apply
If you are interested in progressing your career as the Electrical Systems Integration Project Engineer, apply now for immediate consideration.
PLEASE NOTE: If you require visa sponsorship to work in the UK you CANNOT be considered for this role.